You can add participants automatically to your MailChimp lists using the native MailChimp integration. You can either set it up for your organization (all projects that don't have individual integration settings) or on a project level.
To activate it please enter your MailChimp API Key and the Audience ID you want to add your participant to. You can optionally choose to activate Double Op-In which sends out a confirmation email which needs to be clicked before your participant is added to the audience (you can change the content of this email on MailChimp).
Make sure you have a dedicated opt-in checkbox in your involve.me project and it is set to "Sends data to: MailChimp (or all integrations)".
Your integration will send email, first name and last name automatically, however you can add more fields to be sent. For your list to accept more data, please configure your "List fields and *|MERGE|* tags" accordingly:
- FNAME (Text type): First name
- LNAME (Text type): Last name
- Other fields from the Contact Info element (all type Text): TITLE, GENDER, ORG for the Organization name, JOB for Job title, ADDRESS, ZIP, CITY, STATE, COUNTRY, PHONE, MOBILE, FAX
- BDAY (Text type): Full birthday with year
- BIRTHDAY (Birthday type): for the MailChimp birthday field type (mm/dd)
- WEBSITE, FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM, LINKEDIN as type Text or Website
- CORRECT (Text or Number type): Correctly answered questions
- SCORE (Text or Number type): Quiz score of values
- CALCULATOR (Text or Number type): Result from the calculator element
- OUTCOME (Text type): Which outcome the participant got for multiple outcome projects
Duplicated projects: Be aware that if you have configured a Mailchimp integration on the project level and you duplicate the project, your integration settings will duplicate as well.
Make sure you choose the right field types or your integration may not work!
Be aware that if an email address was already on your list it cannot be subscribed again (even if deleted). Test formats like email@example.com are ignored by MailChimp.
If you have any troubles setting up this integration, please contact us and if possible send us a screenshot of this page from your MailChimp dashboard: Account > Extras > API keys > Last 24 hours of API calls.