Track the activities of your involve.me project by adding a Google Analytics ID.
Getting a Google Analytics ID
1. Sign in to your Analytics account.
2. Navigate to Admin.
3. Select or Create an account from the Account column.
4. Select or Create a property from the Property column.
5. Under Property, click Tracking Info > Tracking Code.
Your personal Tracking ID is displayed at the top of the page.
See original Google article at: Set up the Analytics global site tag
Adding the Google Analytics ID to your project
Open the settings of your involve.me project:
Paste the Tracking-ID in the Tracking section and make sure to "Update Settings" before leaving the page:
Custom events that are sent through the Google Analytics ID integration
Google Analytics event action
Google Analytics event label
Google Analytics event value
Q&A: QUESTION TEXT
Social Media Share
External Click URL
- Event Category is always the same: "involve.me - PROJECT NAME"
- In the free plan, the events are sent as preview but anonymized, so it enables you to test events to track where the information goes.
- Q&A: QUESTION TEXT events are not sent immediately upon an answer but when the project is completed (Project Completed event action).
- "Free Text Input" questions and contact data are not sent to the Analytics.
Testing the Google Analytics ID Integration
As soon as you launch a project (Note that the project can be either a Draft or Live), go to the Analytics in Real-time > Events
On the right pane, look for the name event category "involve.me - PROJECT NAME"
Congratulations, your Integration with Google Analytics works. You can also use the Google tag assistant plugin to display all the events directly on the project.
For other tracking platforms and general information about tracking, see the article about Tracking options for your project
If you have any questions please contact support.