You can follow the activities of your involve.me project by adding a Facebook Pixel.
Getting a Facebook Pixel
- Click Connect data sources and select Web.
- Select Facebook pixel and click Connect.
- Add your pixel name.
- Click Continue.
Adding the Facebook Pixel to your project
From your Facebook Events Manager, select Data Sources, then select your Pixel, and copy the Pixel ID
Open the settings of your involve.me project:
Paste the Pixel ID in the Tracking section and make sure to "Update Settings" before leaving the page:
After you added the pixel, there is nothing more to do. the integration will automatically send events for each action that this integration supports.
Custom events that are sent through the Facebook Pixel integration
Facebook Pixel event name
Facebook Pixel event parameter
How to visualize the events?
- From your Facebook Ads Manager, go to the Facebook Event Manager, then select Overview to see the Data:
How to create a custom audience from involve.me with events?
- From your Facebook Ads Manager, go to Audiences
- Click Create Custom Audience.
- Click Website as the source
- Include people who meet any or all of the selecting criteria.
- Choose your Pixel from the drop-down.
- Choose the type of visitors.
- Enter the number of days you want people to remain in your audience after they visit your website.
- Give your audience a name, then click Create Audience.
The original article on how to create a custom audience from a website can be seen on Facebook: here
Alternatively, a custom audience can be created directly in the ads builder, from the AdsManager:
Testing the Facebook Pixel Integration
- From your Facebook Events Manager, select Data Sources, then "Test Events". Immediately after a participant connects to your project, you should see the successful response in your Facebook Events Manager:
- Another way to test is to use the Facebook Pixel Helper, a troubleshooting tool that helps you find out if your pixel is working correctly.
The Facebook Pixel helper is a Chrome extension that can be installed from the Chrome web store. (Search for Facebook Pixel helper).
Upon installation, an icon will be added to Chrome. The icon will remain greyed out when navigating to a page without Facebook Pixel Integration:
When the Facebook Pixel Helper detects a page with a valid Pixel ID, it will turn blue:
Navigating through your involve.me project, the green counter will start showing the number of events captured:
Opening the Facebook Pixel Helper will show those events:
For other tracking platforms and general information about tracking, see the article about Tracking options for your project
If you have any questions please contact support.