You can add participants automatically to your Constant Contact subscribers or update their properties using the native Constant Contact integration. You can either set it up for your organization (all projects that don't have individual integration settings) or on a project level.
To activate it, connect the organization or the project to your Constant Contact account. Make sure to have that mentioned in your opt-in text in order to be fully GDPR compliant.
Note that in Constant Contact, subscribers are grouped in lists.
Make sure you have a dedicated opt-in checkbox in your involve.me project and it is set to "Sends data to: Constant Contact" (or all integrations).
The integration will send email and default properties automatically.
For your list to accept more data, please add "Custom Fields" on Constant Contact accordingly beforehand.
Default custom fields that are already predefined by Constant Contact:
- Fields from the Contact Info element (all type Text): first name, last name, email, company_name, job_title, phone_number (Phone), gender, street, postal_code, city, state, country
- anniversary (type Date): Full birthday with year
Default custom fields that need to be created:
- Other fields from the Contact Info element (all type Text): title, fax, mobile_phone (Mobile)
- correct (Text): Correctly answered questions
- score (Text): Quiz score of values
- outcome_points (Text): Total points for the determining outcome
- calculator (Text): Result from the calculator element
- for more than one calculator: add the calculator ID as a property (type Text eg. ca_xxxxxx)
- outcome (type Text): Which outcome the participant got for multiple outcome projects (only if the project has outcomes)
- facebook, twitter, instagram, linkedin from the Contact Info element (type Text)
- url for the website where the project was embedded (type Text)
- involveme_project to save the involve.me project name (type Text)
Data from question elements must be set up through "custom field mapping".
Important: Make sure you choose the right field names & types or your integration may not work!
Duplicated projects: Be aware that if you have configured a Constant Contact integration on the project level and you duplicate the project, your integration settings will duplicate as well.
Custom fields on existing subscribers will be updated when the same email is sent again.
Testing the Integration: Once a user completes the survey, check the Analytics of the project -> Select the Responses [ ] menu -> Select a submission. On the right pane, scroll down the page until the "INTEGRATIONS" section.
The Constant Contact icon, along with the other integrations configured, should be displayed with a status: "Successful".
If the Constant Contact icon is not present, it is not integrated with the project. If it is greyed out, the Integration is present but has not been triggered. Other statuses include Pending or an Error description that can be used to further troubleshoot the issue if necessary.
If you have any trouble setting up this integration, please contact us.
Constant Contact Advanced - Create a segment of contacts based on specific criteria.
It is currently not possible to automatically assign a result from your project to a Tag in Constant Contact. However, you can automatically assign your participants to a segment, based on any information collected in your project (email, name, country or any element from the form element, or any answer, outcome, score, etc..)
In Contant Contact, navigate to: Contacts / Segments
Create a new Segment based on the criteria you need. In the example below, we are creating an audience for all the participants reaching "Outcome #2: