You can add participants automatically to your MailChimp lists using the native MailChimp integration. You can either set it up for your organization (all projects that don't have individual integration settings) or on a project level.
To activate it please enter your MailChimp API Key and the Audience ID you want to add your participant to. You can optionally choose to activate Double Op-In which sends out a confirmation email which needs to be clicked before your participant is added to the audience (you can change the content of this email on MailChimp).
Make sure you have a dedicated opt-in checkbox in your involve.me project and it is set to "Sends data to: MailChimp (or all integrations)".
Your integration will send email, first name and last name automatically, however you can add more fields to be sent. For your list to accept more data, please configure your "List fields and *|MERGE|* tags" accordingly:
- FNAME (Text type): First name
- LNAME (Text type): Last name
- Other fields from the Contact Info element (all type Text): TITLE, GENDER, ORG for the Organization name, JOB for Job title, ADDRESS, ZIP, CITY, STATE, COUNTRY, PHONE, MOBILE, FAX
- BDAY (Text type): Full birthday with year
- BIRTHDAY (Birthday type): for the MailChimp birthday field type (mm/dd)
- WEBSITE, FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM, LINKEDIN as type Text or Website
- CORRECT (Text or Number type): Correctly answered questions
- SCORE (Text or Number type): Quiz score of values
- O_POINTS (Number type): Total points for the determining outcome
- CALCULATOR (Text or Number type): Result from the calculator element
- for more than one calculator: add the calculator ID as a property (type Number eg. CA_xxxxxx)
- OUTCOME (Text type): Which outcome the participant got for multiple outcome projects
- I_PROJECT to save the involve.me project name (type Text)
- Data from question elements must be set up through "custom field mapping".
Duplicated projects: Be aware that if you have configured a Mailchimp integration on the project level and you duplicate the project, your integration settings will duplicate as well.
Make sure you choose the right field types or your integration may not work!
Be aware that if an email address was already on your list it cannot be subscribed again (even if deleted). Test formats like email@example.com are ignored by MailChimp.
If you have any troubles setting up this integration, please contact us and if possible send us a screenshot of this page from your MailChimp dashboard: Account > Extras > API keys > Last 24 hours of API calls.
Testing the Integration: Once a user completes the survey, check the Analytics of the project -> Select the Responses [ ] menu -> Select a submission. On the right pane, scroll down the page until the "INTEGRATIONS" section.
The Mailchimp icon, along with the other integrations configured, should be displayed with a status: "Successful".
If the Mailchimp icon is not present, Mailchimp is not integrated with the project. If it is greyed out, the Integration is present but has not been triggered. Other statuses include Pending or an Error description that can be used to further troubleshoot the issue if necessary.
If you have any trouble setting up this integration, please contact us.
Mailchimp Advanced - Use Audience to segment your participants based on their data.
It is currently not possible to automatically assign a result from your project to a Tag in Mailchimp. However, you can automatically assign your participants to a Mailchimp audience, based on any information collected in your project (email, name, country or any element from the form element, or any answer, outcome, score, etc..)
In Mailchimp, navigate to: Audience / Segments
Create a new Segment based on the criteria you need. In the example below, we are creating an audience for all the participants reaching "Outcome #2: