You can add participants automatically to your ActiveCampaign lists using the native ActiveCampaign integration. You can either set it up for your organization (all projects that don't have individual integration settings) or on a project level.
To activate it please enter your ActiveCampaign API Key, URL, Form ID (optional) and the List ID (see how to find list & form id below) to which you want to add your participant. If no Form ID is specified, by default new Contacts will be automatically subscribed to your list. Make sure to have that mentioned in the opt-in text in order to be fully GDPR compliant.
How to find your ActiveCampaign List ID:
- Click on Lists in the Dashboard menu.
- Select the List you want to link.
- The List ID number is displayed inside the page URL after "&listId="
How to find your ActiveCampaign Form ID (optional):
- Click on Forms in the Dashboard menu.
- Select the Form you wan't to link.
- The Form ID number is displayed inside the page URL after "/forms/"
Make sure you have a dedicated opt-in checkbox in your involve.me project and it is set to "Sends data to: ActiveCampaign (or all integrations)".
Your integration will send email, first name, last name and phone automatically.
For your list to accept more data, please add "Custom fields" on ActiveCampaign accordingly.
Default custom fields:
- correct (Text): Correctly answered questions
- score (Text): Quiz score of values
- OUTCOMEPOINTS (Number type): Total points for the determining outcome
- outcome (Text): Which outcome the participant got for multiple outcome projects
- Fields from the Contact Info element (all type Text): title, gender, company for the Organization name, job for Job title, address, zip, city, state, country, mobile, fax
- birthdate (type Date): Full birthday with year
- facebook, twitter, instagram, linkedin (type Text)
- calculator (Text): Result from the calculator element
- for more than one calculator: add the calculator ID as a custom field (type Text eg. ca_xxxxxx)
- PROJECTNAME to save the involve.me project name (type Text)
Make sure you do not edit the "personalization tag", it identifies your custom field.
Data from question elements must be set up through "custom field mapping".
Important: Make sure you choose the right field names & types or your integration may not work!
Duplicated projects: Be aware that if you have configured an ActiveCampaign integration on the project level and you duplicate the project, your integration settings will duplicate as well.
Be aware that if the subscriber is in an inactive state or has previously been unsubscribed or added to the suppression list, they will be re-added to the list. Also custom fields on existing contacts on the list will be updated.
Testing the Integration: Once a user completes the survey, check the Analytics of the project -> Select the Responses [ ] menu -> Select a submission. On the right pane, scroll down the page until the "INTEGRATIONS" section.
The ActiveCampaign icon, along with the other integrations configured, should be displayed with a status: "Successful".
If the ActiveCampaign icon is not present, it is not integrated with the project. If it is greyed out, the Integration is present but has not been triggered. Other statuses include Pending or an Error description that can be used to further troubleshoot the issue if necessary.
If you have any trouble setting up this integration, please contact us.
ActiveCampaign Advanced - Set up list segmentation or add Tags with ActiveCampaign automation.
You can automatically assign your participants to an ActiveCampaign list or add a tag, based on any information collected in your project (email, name, country or any element from the form element, or any answer, outcome, score, etc..)
In ActiveCampaign, navigate to Automation / Create an Automation
Create a new Automation from the list you are using with involve.me (trigger) and based on the criteria you need. In the example below, we are creating a new list for all the participants reaching "Outcome #2, and we are also adding a Tag "Outcome #2"