You can add participants automatically to your HubSpot contacts or update their properties using the native HubSpot integration. You can either set it up for your organization (all projects that don't have individual integration settings) or on a project level.
To activate it, connect the organization or the project to your HubSpot account. Make sure to have that mentioned in your opt-in text in order to be fully GDPR compliant.
After granting access your account details will show up for the integration.
Make sure you have a dedicated opt-in checkbox in your involve.me project and it is set to "Sends data to: HubSpot" (or all integrations).
The integration will send email and default properties automatically.
For your list to accept more data, please add "Custom properties" on HubSpot accordingly beforehand.
Default custom fields that are already predefined by HubSpot:
- Fields from the Contact Info element (all type Text): salutation for title, gender, company for the organization name, jobtitle, address, zip for zip code, city, state, country, phone, mobilephone, fax, website
- birthdate from the Contact Info element (type Date): Full birthday with year
Default custom fields that need to be created:
- correct (type Number): Correctly answered questions
- score (type Number): Quiz score of values
- outcome_points (Number type): Total points for the determining outcome
- calculator (type Number): Result from the calculator element
- for more than one calculator: add the calculator ID as a property (type Number eg. ca_xxxxxx)
- outcome (type Text): Which outcome the participant got for multiple outcome projects (only if the project has outcomes)
- facebook, twitter, instagram, linkedin from the Contact Info element (type Text)
- embed_url for the website where the project was embedded (type Text)
- remote_id if the submission has the parameter (type Text)
- involveme_project to save the involve.me project name (type Text)
Data from question elements must be set up through "custom field mapping".
Important: Make sure you choose the right field names & types or your integration may not work (eg. can't save a text as a date property, or a text as a number). Currently the enumeration type of HubSpot is not yet supported.
Duplicated projects: Be aware that if you have configured an HubSpot integration on the project level and you duplicate the project, your integration settings will duplicate as well.
Custom properties on existing contacts will be updated when the same email is sent again.
Testing the Integration: Once a user completes the survey, check the Analytics of the project -> Select the Responses [ ] menu -> Select a submission. On the right pane, scroll down the page until the "INTEGRATIONS" section.
The HubSpot icon, along with the other integrations configured, should be displayed with a status: "Successful".
If the HubSpot icon is not present, it is not integrated with the project. If it is greyed out, the Integration is present but has not been triggered. Other statuses include Pending or an Error description that can be used to further troubleshoot the issue if necessary.
If you have any trouble setting up this integration, please contact us.