Using the timer content element you can create a countdown for the page you placed it on. You can place one timer per page and set individual times for each page. If you want to have an overall timer, you have to put all questions on one page.
In the editing option of this element you can set an action that is execution once the time is up:
- No action: do nothing
- Go to the next page
- Go to the previous page
- Page jump: choose a page to jump to
- Custom Web Address: Open a custom website URL
- Restart: Refresh the page (current data is lost)
Popup when time is up:
In addition to the above actions you can set a popup that appears when the time is up. The action is then executed once the participant clicks the button in the popup. You can set the text for the popup in the timer options.
Hide timer from participants
This element can also be used without your participants seeing it. When this option is activated you only see the element inside the editor. All actions and the popup will still work. A blue "hidden for participants" label is shown for you in the editor. You can use this feature for example to redirect to your own website some time after the participant reached the thank you page.
Timers on pages with instant feedback questions
When a timer is placed on a page with questions that have the instant feedback option turned on, the countdown will stop once all questions using instant feedback have been answered. This enables your participant to have enough time to read the feedback text.
Good to know:
- Using the page navigation you cannot go back to a page that has a timer on it
- The timer values that participants got per page when going through your project are not saved and are not available in your analytics. You can only see the overall completion time for your participants.
Timers are available for paid plans only. You can try the functionality in the editor for free, but if timers are used you can publish the project only after signing up for a paid subscription.